Nikki reed jewelry collection

Nikki reed jewelry collection, Although her roles in Thirteen and the Twilight saga helped make her a red carpet star, Nikki Reed definitely has serious style chops of her own. Known for her mix of west coast bohemian and downtown edginess, the avid crafter channeled her unique taste into her own jewelry line, Mattlin Era, which launched last year.

So, it's no surprise that 7 For All Mankind teamed up with her to collaborate on a special collection of limited edition bijoux inspired by their spring line. A blend of the luxury denim brand's California-cool and Nikki's personal design inspiration, the five-piece collection is perfect for summer accessorizing.

Check out our Q&A with Nikki for all the details on this hot collaboration, and click through for a good look at the collection!

This is such a cool collaboration—just in time for summer, too! Whose idea was it to team up?
7 For All Mankind hosted a dinner for a fantastic organization that I've worked with throughout the years, called the Step Up Women's Network. I met a bunch of wonderful people from the brand, and they seemed really excited about my previous Mattlin Era collection. From there, it felt really organic to do this collaboration. I think they had a genuine appreciation for the fact that I design everything myself, and there's a story behind every piece—a real meaning behind all of it. I was so excited and inspired by their enthusiasm, and it all happened very quickly. My manager called to tell me that they wanted me to design for them, and I turned in sketches by noon that day! I was so mentally prepared.

What were you inspired by?

I really pulled from what I saw in their look books. The theme of their line is "love," which is a very consistent theme in my life right now. It didn't feel like it was much of a stretch for me to get in that headspace. I really thought about what was missing from my own wardrobe, and went from there. For example, I'm very into button-up denim shirts, so I designed a necklace that could go with a collar.

How did you tie in your own aesthetic?

My style is very ecclectic—I like to piece it all together, and wear things that have a story or a meaning. I haven't reached a point yet where I feel confident that I can design something that's appealing to the mass population. I just design things that I like, and I hope people connect with it, and feel beautiful in it, too. I'm so new and have just begun this journey, so I design what I like and then hopefully people gravitate toward it. I really sat down and thought about what pieces I was missing in my own jewelry collection, and went from there.

What kind of girl do you see wearing the collection?

It's for every girl! I like to mix things up, and all of these pieces can be worn together or separately. Personally, I like to wear a lot of my jewelry at the same time, along with expensive pieces from well-known labels. This collection can be layered with what people already own. I hope that when girls see this collection they'll think, "Oh, that will go really well with my favorite necklace that I wear every day!"

This isn't your first design endeavor. Tell us about your own jewelry line, Mattin Era!
I feel very new to designing, because there's a lot to learn from every experience. I started Mattlin Era in honor of my grandmother, an artist who made ceramic tile murals. She worked a lot with animals and nature, and that really inspired my first collection. Although the things I've made for 7 For All Mankind are more inspired by fashion than family, everything I make comes from a very specific place in me.

Can we expect more design collaborations from you in the future?

If they're all like this one, then yes! It was such a seamless, wonderful experience. We were both equally excited, and the brand gave me real creative freedom. I'm really open to collaborating with other people now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment