Michael keaton Breaks His Promise

Michael keaton Breaks His Promise, Michael Keaton put the cherry on top of his comeback tonight, taking home the Best Actor in a Motion Picture Comedy or Musical prize at the Golden Globes, for his work in Birdman. And the actor just couldn't hold back the tears as he took the podium at the Beverly Hilton in California.

Starring the one-time Batman in a genius piece of casting, Birdman follows Riggan Thompson, an actor who once portrayed the eponymous hero but is now a washed up star struggling to make his return on Broadway.  While the film missed out on the Best Director win for Alejandro González Iñárritu as well as the Best Picture and Best Supporting Actress and Actor nods for Emma Stone and Ed Norton, Keaton did win for his lead role. The 63-year-old beat Ralph Fiennes, Christoph Waltz, Joaquin Phoenix and Bill Murray to the win.

He opened his speech by deadpanning: “The reason people go on about thanking so many people is because there are so many people to thank," before acknowledging his director, Alejandro González Iñárritu. “There’s not a person in this room who won’t show up for your next gig, my brother,” he said. “Thanks for being a true artist. Thanks for letting me be a part of this gutsy look at human nature.”

The actor went on to pay tribute to his family, particularly his hard-working parents and six brothers and sisters. "In the household in which I was raised, the themes were pretty simple. Work hard, don’t quit, be appreciative, be thankful, be respectful, be grateful. Also to never whine ever, to never complain, and always for crying out loud, keep a sense of humour," he said.

Much of Keaton's speech, and emotion, was reserved for his son Sean who was sat in the audience. "I have some tremendously loving friends all over the world. My best friend is kind, intelligent, funny, talented, thoughtful, did I say kind? He also happens to be my son Sean. I love with you with all my heart buddy," he said before breaking down in tears, apologising: "Sorry, shoot, two things I said I wasn’t going to do, cry and give air quotes, damn."

"I’m so grateful honestly, from the bottom of my heart. You have no idea what this means to me," he finished. Huge congratulations Michael! All the Golden Globes winners here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment