Heartbroken parents make a plea for thief to return stolen photographs of their newborn son who only lived for 30 minutes

Heartbroken parents make a plea for thief to return stolen photographs of their newborn son who only lived for 30 minutes, A couple whose baby son lived just 30 minutes is distraught after the only pictures of them together have been stolen.

April MacLean gave birth to little Amari last week and was left heartbroken when he died the same day.
She and Amari's father could only hold him for five minutes - and photographer Faith Massey was there to capture the fleeting family moment.

But hours later, Massey's camera bag and $5,000 worth of equipment was stolen from her car in Charlotte, North Carolina - including the memory card with her photographs.

One picture was taken of Amari on a cell phone but the loss of their shared picture spelled fresh anguish for MacLean and her family.

Words cannot explain how I'm feeling right now,' MacLean told DailyMail.com.

'After loosing Amari, Faith helped make sure that we captured all of Amari’s precious moments on her camera shortly after I gave birth til the moment he took his last breath.

'To find out that the camera has been stolen with the memory card full of the last moments with my baby, broke my heart. I've cried til I can't cry anymore.

The only picture with me holding my baby is in that camera and it was only 5mins I was able to hold him.'
MacLean did not want to share Amari's cause of death.

Massey explains that the kit contained a Canon 6D, 50mm f/1.2, 85mm f/1.8, and a 100mm f/2.8, but with insurance she can claim that back.

What cannot be replaced, she says, are the moments MacLean shared with Amari.Massey shot the pictures for Now Lay Me Down To Sleep, a non-profit organization that provides free professional photography to parents who are suffering the loss of a baby.

In a plea to the thief, MacLean says: 'PLEASE, if you are the person who took this camera PLEASE at least turn the memory card in to Faith Massey, faith@imagesbyfaith.com.

'You may do it anonymously. At this point I don't care who you are.

'To lose my child and to lose the only pictures we have of Amari can't even be explained. Just hurt and heartbroken. Please just give me back the last moments I had with my child.'
Massey wrote on Facebook: 'The family is devastated.

'Isn’t it enough that they had to say hello and goodbye to their son on the day of his birth, but to lose the images that will help heal their hearts.'


0 comments:

Post a Comment