Whoopi Goldberg forced to stay on 'The View' after Rosie O'Donnell leaves, report says

Whoopi Goldberg forced to stay on 'The View' after Rosie O'Donnell leaves, report says, Rosie O’Donnell’s departure from “The View” derailed negotiations for Whoopi Goldberg to star in an ABC prime-time series, sources tell Page Six.

Insiders say Goldberg was set to leave the daytime show to star in “Delores and Jermaine” — but due to O’Donnell’s exit, ABC execs blocked Goldberg from withdrawing as moderator of “The View.”

“Delores and Jermaine” follows a slacker who moves in with his ex-cop grandmother. “Whoopi had the offer to play Delores, but ABC pulled the offer right before Presidents Day weekend,” a network insider said.

But Goldberg down-played any drama, telling us Tuesday at a Skingraft fashion show: “I’m trying to get on ‘Empire’ and ABC has a show that they want me to do…I’ve always been able to come and go as I choose. It’s been in the contract to allow me to go and make movies if I wanted to or do something if I wanted to.” She added, “But it’s a lot of work to go and do two or three jobs at the same time. I’m getting older, and I don’t want to work that hard. So we’ll see how it all works out.”

Goldberg also said of her “View” gig, “I’m very happy. I’m working. I never put down the fact that I have a really good job, but I also have bosses. They make decisions . . . sometimes you don’t like them and you have to live with them.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment