Ashley Judd pressing charges

Ashley Judd pressing charges, Ashley Judd is taking a stand against Internet trolls. The “Insurgent” star received so much backlash after sending out an impassioned tweet during an intense NCAA basketball game over the weekend that she’s pressing charges against the alleged offenders.

“Everyone needs to take personal responsibility for what they write and not allowing this misinterpretation and shaming culture on social media to persist,” Judd told MSNBC on Monday before adding that she plans to press charges.

The 46-year-old Kentucky fan admitted that her tweet could have been worded more carefully had she not been in the heat of the moment during the game pinning Arkansas against her team. “If I were in a more calm state of mind I would [have] phrased [it] differently,” she said. “I might have said, ‘I am really disappointed what seems like ultra-aggressive play’ … instead of what I wrote, ‘I think Arkansas is playing dirty.'”

NBC’s “Today” aired an interview with the actress Tuesday, during which she confirmed she’s pressing charges.

“The amount of gender violence that I experienced is absolutely extraordinary,” she said. “A significant part of my day today will be spent filing police reports at home about gender violence that’s directed at me on social media.”
The tweets directed at Judd were filled with vile accusations and suggestions.

“We now review five times as many user reports as we did previously,” Twitter told NBC in a statement. “And we have tripled the size of the support team focused on handled abuse reports.”

On Tuesday Judd attended the “Insurgent” New York premiere with Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort.

0 comments:

Post a Comment