Dancing with the Stars

Dancing with the Stars, Model Charlotte McKinney couldn’t stay focused during “Dancing with the Stars” rehearsals, checking her email constantly and complaining her dyslexia made learning difficult.

And on Monday night, after her rumba with dance partner Keo Motsepe tied for the last place score, she was eliminated from the show.

McKinney, who made mistakes during her week one dance, did better with her beach-themed cha cha routine last week and avoided elimination (musician Redfoo was sent packing instead).

However, on Monday the sexy blonde’s dance experiment ended.

And backstage afterwards, McKinney wasn’t happy about getting the boot, saying, “I was extremely surprised. I thought we did even better than last week. I think we gave it our all. It’s upsetting.”

Meanwhile, her “DWTS” co-star Suzanne Somers, who was the curvy blonde “It” girl of the 1970s on “Three’s Company,” told FOX411 that she told the exiting McKinney, “You’ve got a big career [coming].”

Somers explained “DWTS” gave McKinney more exposure and now “she’ll get herself wherever she wants to go.  What I learned through my career is everything’s a springboard. You have to use the negatives in your life to win. She has this great shot to take her name and put it in another arena, and she’ll be able to do that.”

Somers, 68, told FOX411 that with her popularity, McKinney will be faced with decisions: “When you’re young and you’ve got a beautiful, perfect body and all that, you get slotted and it depends which way she wants to take it. She can either stay in that slot or spring out from it, which I did. It’s a choice to make.”    

Viewers saw the Carl’s Jr. burger babe struggle in televised rehearsal clips. McKinney told Motsepe she had to monitor emails so she wouldn’t miss out on work opportunities, while he insisted she “dance and focus.”

McKinney also said because she has dyslexia, a lot of the dance concepts took extra time to learn.
   
After the elimination, McKinney, who shot to fame in her risqué TV commercial and is a busy model, told FOX411 she had no regrets about reading her emails during rehearsals: “No, I don’t, because all week I had work and I have contracts I’m under and work is work and before this I had them and I still do. I would have got more jobs if I could.”

However, the judges were unforgiving, with Julianne Hough noting that she didn’t absorb Motsepe’s instruction, Carrie Ann Inaba chiding her for “lack of concentration,” and Bruno Tonioli telling her cruelly, “You’re never going to win the Nobel Prize for Quantum Physics.”

They gave McKinney only 22 points out of 40 --tying for last with Patti LaBelle.

In a huge understatement, dance pro Motsepe sighed after the show, “It was very rough. The judges were harsh a little bit.”

McKinney told reporters, “I feel disappointed,” and then said about Motsepe, “I believe this is way more important to him and I don’t want to see him upset. It was my job to be a good partner to him and I felt like I let him down but at the end of the day, I gave it my all and I gained a friend from this and I’m so thankful and grateful to have been here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment