Ethan Hawke: 'I shouldn't have married Uma Thurman'

Ethan Hawke: 'I shouldn't have married Uma Thurman, ETHAN Hawke says he was too immature when he wed Uma Thurman at 27 and was hoping that marriage would help him settle down.

The Reality Bites star tied the knot to Thurman in 1998, with the pair going on to have two children, Maya (now 14) and Levon (10), before separating in 2003 and finally divorcing in August 2005.

"Success when you're young is really overwhelming," he explains to Elle. "The world felt out of control. And I wanted to stop it from spinning so fast. I thought marriage would decrease my variables or something. I was absolutely wrong."

"There was this discovery that the male brain isn't done until 28. I definitely think my frontal lobe was not finished," he said. "I had no business taking vows that would last more than two weeks."

Hawke got remarried to wife, Ryan, in 2008 and the couple has two young daughters, Clementine and Indiana.
The actor says he had to be especially careful at the height of his fame in the '90s that women were actually interested in being with him and not one of his beloved characters.

"I can't tell you how many times in the '90s I'd meet somebody, we'd be having a nice time, and they'd sigh and go, 'This is exactly like Before Sunrise,'" he says. "And I'd have to get up and leave."

0 comments:

Post a Comment